Reviewed by Susan65
Title: Thick & Thin
Author: Charlie Cochet
Series: THIRDS #8
Genre: MM Paranormal
Length: 95 Pages
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: February 1, 2017
Available at: Amazon and Barnes & Noble
Add it to your shelf: Goodreads
Blurb: In a matter of days, Dex has been kidnapped, tortured, killed, revived, become half Therian, offered the chance to become a spy, and accepted a proposal to marry his jaguar Therian boyfriend, Sloane Brodie. It’s been a lot to take in, and although Dex is still trying to wrap his head around everything that’s happened, he knows he has to move forward.
After the events of Smoke & Mirrors, Dex and Sloane find themselves in one of the most frightening situations of all: revealing the truth to their Destructive Delta family. When the dust settles, nothing will ever be the same, and it’s up to Dex to prove that in the face of change, the one thing that will always remain the same is family.
Review: I was so super bummed when I saw how short this story was, but then I instantly perked up when I remembered that the next book was only a few months away. And this one is the perfect set-up for the ninth book in this fantastic series. Can you believe that? Nine books already! So let’s get to the review.
What I loved about this one:
- The sexy time between Dex and Sloane, hubba hubba; and their amazing dialogue during those sexy times
- The visual proof of the deepness that is Ash and Sloane’s friendship. That part was amazing…sigh
- The Ash and Dex blow-up. That was 7 books in the making and didn’t disappoint. Proof that Dex is awesome and Ash, well Ash is…Ash, and I adore him more after each book
- The surprise of Dex’s feelings about Sparks and her relationship with Tony…ooh buddy, I can see this will be exciting
- The family that is Destructive Delta and their new reality
- Hudson and Seb are in for a ride… and where is the next book already????
What I didn’t like:
- The length of the book…that’s it. Anything under a thousand pages is disappointing
So, with a short book we get a short review…a five star book in this series is not a surprise to anyone, but the book itself surprised me and set us up perfectly for the next one.
I. Can’t. Wait.
Overall Impression: It was amazing!
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher in return for a fair and honest review.*