by Mellanie Rourke
Some random facts about me and my writing:
- I wrote my first novel at the age of ten. On a typewriter. It disappeared, and the world is probably a better place for it!
- I published my first novel at the age of fifty.
- My first paid publication was at the age of 12 in a contest for a story in the Akron Beacon Journal. I won $3 for the contest. Years later, the editor who had selected my story turned out to be the teacher for my last class for a degree in Communications.
- I began reading M/M romances in 2017.
- I wrote my first M/M romance in 2018. It took me about eight months to complete it.
- My second novel took 4 months to complete.
- The Devereaux family kids are all named after characters in “Aliens” due to Mama K and Mama D’s obsession with the movie.
- Ripley “Lee”
- Hudson “Sonny”
- I currently have two novels in the Twin Peeks Bookstore Romance series, Mason’s Run, and Nicki’s Fight. I have three more planned, Bishop’s Gambit, and two more unnamed novels.