The Minor Details of GRL
by Jackie Nacht
First, I would like to take this time and thank Blogger Girls for having me as a guest here today. Thank you.
I’ve had the pleasure of reading many GRL posts over the last month and realized it was my time to come up with one. Let me tell you, it’s tough following this awesome group of authors and their tips because they are spot on.
So what do I add to the table? Well, a lot of you know that this will be my third GRL and I’m the shy one. Shush, I can hear you all laughing. Okay, okay, I’m pretty outgoing. So, I thought I would add the minor details for making your GRL experience a little better. Some are funny and not entirely necessary, but some may just save you tootsies. Seriously. *Blows out a breath* Here goes:
- Bring an eye mask or cucumbers patches. This can be a beauty tip for keeping puffiness at bay or it can be the major eye recovering you need after keeping your peepers open all night long. These babies have soothed the eyes and saved the headaches from coming on from staying up and chatting the night away. Ten minutes in the morning and you’ll feel like you’ve had a full nights rest instead of just walking into your hotel room to shower and change your clothes. 😉
- Band-Aids and comfy shoes. No matter what, you’re going to at one time wear a pair of uncomfortable shoes. Pshaw, I go all weekend wearing four inch heels. I can’t wait! For some of us, it’s our one time of year to take the lounge pants off, shut off the computer and dress up. For others, it’s getting that knock-out time travel costume with the shoes you’ve never worn before. So make sure to bring Band-Aids to cover those blisters (maybe a little Neosporin) and comfy shoes. Sure the hotel will have them but you’ll pay top dollar.
- Safety pins-Yes, this isn’t necessary but they are wonderful to have around just in case. There are a lot of cool swag tags that are fun to put on your badges adhesively. Sometimes they don’t make it the weekend, so a safety pin is nice to have to keep your pink “Princess” slogan on. Also, safety pins can be a life saver for the costumes. Straps break or something rips; you have your travel back-up plan.
- Pick your poison. What I mean by this is more than likely you’ll be sore after the first day of standing and walking around. If you get sore, you may want to bring a pain reliever with you. Definitely not necessary for all but it’s something to keep in the back of your mind.
- Don’t disappear in the Bermuda Triangle (AKA your room). GRL is a long weekend. It is necessary at times to go up to your room, take a break and recharge those batteries. I love to go up and just close my eyes and rest to gear up for the rest of the night. However, don’t get lost and stay in your room all night. Your friends will want to see you and you’ll be greatly missed.
- Keep your eyes open. I say this to all of you and as I write this, as a reminder to myself. A lot of people are new and coming from all around the world by themselves. If you see someone in the corner, more than likely, it’s a lot easier for you to walk into the corner than for them to come out. Go and say hi, you may have just introduced yourself to your lifelong friend
- Have fun! GRL is an experience like no other.
About Full Moon Torn
With war breaking out, these two men must fight harder than ever to keep their love and not let the world tear them apart.
Knox has been at Moon Compound for over three years. His life forever changed when his mate was brought in, injured from the cruel captivity endured at the hands of hellhounds. Now, torn between protecting Whitley and letting him help his pack, Knox loses the battle with his wolf and turns feral.
When Whitley is summoned back to Moon Compound, he finds his beloved mate locked in a cell to protect both himself and others at the compound. Whitley knows what to do, but isn’t sure Knox will agree to the consequences.
Authors Note: For better reading enjoyment, it is best to read the series in order. Thank you.
Available at: Extasy Books
Don’t forget to check out Nikyta’s review of Full Moon Torn to see what she thought of it!
About Jackie Nacht
Short, sexy and sweet— where a little love goes a long way.
That’s the best way to describe Jackie Nacht’s stories. She was introduced to M/M Romance through her sister, Stephani, and read it for years. Then, she thought it was time to put her own stories on paper. Jackie began writing short and sweet stories that ended with a happily ever after.
Thinking back to her own book addiction, where there were many nights Jackie stayed up way too late so she could read just one more chapter— yeah, right— Jackie decided to write short romances for young adults as well as adults. Hopefully, they will give high school and college students, or working men and women something they can read during their lunch hour, in between classes or just when they want to briefly get away from the daily stresses of everyday life.
Clare has kindly offered up the chance to win an PDF copy of winner’s choice from Jackie’s backlist AND a $10 Amazon Gift Card as the prizes for this giveaway! To enter, just click the link below! Giveaway ends Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 11:59 pm.
Please be aware that the only way to enter the giveaway is to click the Rafflecopter link above. Any comments on this post will not count towards entering the giveaway, except to verify your Rafflecopter entry.