Hello all! Thank you for joining me on another stop of the Blood & Thunder Blog Tour where I celebrate the release of the second book in my law-enforcement shifter series the THIRDS! Thank you Blogger Girls for having me!
One of our main heroes in Blood & Thunder is Dexter J. Daley, mischief-maker extraordinaire. For today’s stop I thought I’d share a small list: 5 Things you might not know about Dexter J. Daley.
– is afraid of goats. Same way some people are afraid of spiders or snakes. As he says in Blood & Thunder: “Have you seen their eyes? The way they climb up the side of mountains or perch on branches like gravity doesn’t apply to them? They’re evil! Evil I say!”
– a total lightweight when it comes to alcohol, especially with spirits. A couple of shots and he’s wearing his sunglasses indoors and wondering who turned off the lights.
– was escorted out of the CDC Therian Registration Office when he was a kid for trying to beat up a doctor who’d made his little brother cry. Cael was being marked on his neck with his Therian tattoo which the family was informed was a painless procedure. It wasn’t. Little Cael cried his heart out and big brother Dex went all Street Fighter on the doctor. After it was all over, Tony took his boys out for ice cream.
– dressed as Boba Fett for his high school yearbook picture senior year. The caption underneath read: Dexter J. Daley. “Scoundrel? I like the sound of that.” – Han Solo
– was outed by the movie Dirty Dancing when his dad caught him in his room with his shirt tied up over his belly playing the role of Baby in the Lover Boy scene. Tony was very understanding. It was followed by an onslaught of questions from young Dex, including “How do boys do it?”, “How do boy parts fit together?”, “Can boys have babies?” and several others. Tony Maddock is currently being nominated for sainthood.
Warning: book contains Cheesy Doodles, karaoke, annoyed lion Therians, broody jaguar Therians, romance, comedy, sexy-times, big bad alphas, drama, explosions, and that one weird guy’s shenanigans.
About Blood & Thunder
When a series of bombs go off in a Therian youth center, injuring members of THIRDS Team Destructive Delta, and causing a rift between agents Dexter J. Daley and Sloane Brodie, peace seems unattainable. Especially when a new and frightening group, the Order of Adrasteia, appears to always be a step ahead. With panic and intolerance spreading and streets becoming littered with the Order’s propaganda, hostility between Humans and Therians grows daily. Dex and Sloane, along with the rest of the team, are determined to take down the Order and restore peace, not to mention settle a personal score. But the deeper the team investigates the bombings, the more they believe there’s a more sinister motive than a desire to shed blood and spread chaos.
Discovering the frightful truth behind the Order’s intent forces Sloane to confront secrets from a past he thought he’d left behind for good, a past that could not only destroy him and his career, but also the reputation of the organization that made him all he is today. Now more than ever, Dex and Sloane need each other, and, along with trust, the strength of their bond will mean the difference between justice and all-out war.
Read Chapter One here.
About Charlie Cochet
Charlie Cochet is an author by day and artist by night. Always quick to succumb to the whispers of her wayward muse, no star is out of reach when following her passion. From Historical to Fantasy, Contemporary to Science Fiction, there’s bound to be plenty of mischief for her heroes to find themselves in, and plenty of romance, too!
Currently residing in South Florida, Charlie looks forward to migrating to a land where the weather includes seasons other than hot, hotter, and boy, it’s hot! When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found reading, drawing, or watching movies. She runs on coffee, thrives on music, and loves to hear from readers.
As part of this blog tour, Charlie is giving away a $10 Amazon Gift Card & THIRDS swag pack! To enter, just click the link below!
Please be aware that the only way to enter the giveaway is to click the Rafflecopter link above. Any comments on this post will not count towards entering the giveaway unless otherwise stated but are still welcome anyway.
Don’t forget to check out Susan65’s review of Blood & Thunder to see what she thought of it!